As an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), owning a house and lot in your home country is a dream that represents both financial success and the fulfillment of your heartfelt goal. However, choosing the right location for such a significant investment requires careful thought. To do that, in-depth research on the places OFWs generally consider in buying a house and lot is an important step in the home-purchasing process.
When you first decide to purchase a house, there’s usually a home-buying guide to walk you through the steps. But since you’re buying a house while out of the country, there are special considerations to keep in mind as you narrow down possible locations your family can move into.
House and Lot Locations for OFWs
The Philippines offers a diverse range of property location options, each with its own unique advantages. It’s important for you to know more about them, especially if you’re canvasing houses while you’re away. So, to help you look for a house and lot for OFWs, here’s a list of prospective locations where you can buy property:
Metro Manila is the capital region of the Philippines and is home to the country’s largest economic and commercial hubs. It is a major cultural and educational center, offering a variety of house and lot options ranging from affordable townhouses to luxury condominiums.
Choosing to move to Metro Manila has a few advantages:
- Economic Opportunities: The capital is the bustling economic center of the Philippines, with a lot of different job opportunities if you’re an OFW returning home. It holds numerous multinational corporations, financial institutions, and government offices––usually seen in central business districts (CBDs).
- Educational Institutions: Metro Manila boasts some of the country’s top schools and universities, ensuring quality education for your children. A few prestigious universities you can find in the area are the University of the Philippines, De La Salle University, and Ateneo De Manila University.
- Healthcare Facilities: Access to world-class hospitals, medical centers, and healthcare services is readily available around the metro. Facilities like the Philippine General Hospital, St. Luke’s Medical Center, and Makati Medical Center are all within driving distance and easily accessible for you and your family in case of emergencies.
Living in Metro Manila is generally a sought-after choice among OFWs and other individuals looking to experience and enjoy city life. However, because of its popularity, the prices of the properties around the capital are commonly high. You would have to carefully look for a house that balances your budget with your desired location.
Other than that, it’s infamous for its heavy traffic because of the population density in the region, making the daily commute a challenge. Look for places with good accessibility and proximity to your workplace. That way, you can potentially remove or lessen the time you spend commuting.
Cavite is a province located just south of Metro Manila. It’s a popular destination for OFWs because of its proximity to the capital region and its affordable cost of living. The province is an up-and-coming suburban area, offering a variety of housing options. The residential areas in Cavite where you can buy a home are mostly in affordable subdivisions and gated communities. A few advantages of choosing to move to Cavite are:
- Proximity to Metro Manila: Situated just a short drive from the capital, Cavite is accessible if you’re working at the heart of Metro Manila. You can travel in just an hour or less to CBDs like Makati City and Bonifacio Global City through the Manila – Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX) or the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX). Moving to Cavite provides a peaceful suburban lifestyle while remaining close to the city.
- Rapid Development: The province is experiencing rapid growth, with various residential developments, shopping centers, and amenities being constructed within its cities. In fact, since cities like General Trias and Rosario have been declared special economic zones, they’ve attracted more businesses and encouraged more developments within their location.
Some of the ongoing developments are the Sangley Point International Airport, the upcoming Bataan – Cavite Interlink Bridge, and the LRT 1 Cavite Extension. These developments aim to improve the accessibility of Cavite locally and internationally.
- Scenic Views: Some areas in Cavite offer breathtaking views of Taal Volcano and the surrounding landscapes. Because it remains a suburban area, you can still enjoy greeneries within its cities.
Choosing to move to Cavite has become increasingly popular with OFWs because of its affordability compared to the properties in Metro Manila. Several spacious house and lots for sale in General Trias, Cavite are relatively priced the same as small condominiums in CBDs. So, if you want a bigger living area for your family that is still within your budget, you can check out Cavite.
Laguna is another province located just south of Metro Manila beside Cavite. It’s mostly known for its beautiful lakes and mountains, as well as its budget-friendly living costs.
A few of the benefits of living in Laguna are:
- Access to the Metro: Like Cavite, Laguna is just a short drive from Metro Manila. This proximity allows for convenient commuting, whether for work, leisure, or family visits.
- Economic Opportunities: Laguna has seen significant economic development in recent years, with the development of different industrial and commercial zones. You may find job opportunities within the province, particularly in manufacturing, technology, and tourism.
- Community and Lifestyle: Laguna offers a thriving community and various lifestyle amenities. As residents, you can enjoy easier access to the famous hot springs, other recreational activities, dining, and cultural events––creating a well-rounded living experience.
If you’re looking for areas in the south to buy a house and lot, Laguna and Cavite are great options to consider. Buying properties in either location can enjoy both the peaceful life of the province with the perks of living in the city. Choosing to move here lets you access both CBDs or easily go on vacation in further provinces like Tagaytay, Batangas, or Quezon.
Rizal is a province located in the Calabarzon region in Luzon and is known for its capital, Antipolo City. Like Cavite and Laguna, it’s a popular destination for OFWs because of its proximity to the capital region––situated east of Metro Manila.
Moving to Rizal can offer a few perks for OFWs looking to buy properties in the area:
- Natural Beauty: Rizal is renowned for its lush greenery, mountains, and scenic spots, providing a peaceful and beautiful environment for its residents. This province is an excellent choice if you’re a nature enthusiast who wants to enjoy living in the mountainside.
- Access to Transportation Systems: One of the benefits of moving to Rizal is its good transportation system. It’s generally easy to move around the province, making it easy for you to commute to work or school. Plus, its transport lines are connected to those in Metro Manila––adding access for those who need to go in and out of the province.
- Affordable Properties: Rizal offers a wide range of affordable properties compared to those in the metro. You can enjoy bigger properties by the mountain and enjoy a suburban lifestyle.
Of course, living in the deeper parts of Rizal can pose challenges you need to consider before choosing to move there. While it’s close to some cities in Metro Manila, it may be a little bit farther from popular CBDs like those in Makati City or Quezon City. So, it’s important to note these details especially if you constantly travel to those areas.
Bulacan is a province located in the Central Luzon region of the Philippines. It’s a few kilometers up north of Metro Manila, making it a convenient residential location for OFWs who need to travel to and from the city for work or personal reasons. Like Cavite, Bulacan has become an increasingly popular area for OFWs to relocate as it is also a more economical option than Metro Manila.
Some of the advantages of moving to Bulacan are:
- House and Lot Options: Bulacan is another popular location for real estate developments. It offers a variety of residential selections to choose from, depending on your budget and needs. This means that you can find the perfect place to live, regardless of your financial situation.
- Accessibility: Bulacan is well-connected to Metro Manila through major roadways, allowing for easy access to the capital. From the metro, you can easily travel through the North-Luzon Expressway by car, bus, or take a train traveling through the Philippine National Railways.
- Cultural Attractions: The province holds a rich history and culture. It is the birthplace of many Filipino heroes and revolutionaries, including Gregorio del Pilar and Marcelo H. del Pilar. It’s home to several historical and cultural landmarks, such as the Barasoain Church and the Malolos Congress Building. Living in the area can provide an enriching environment for your family.
The main challenge of living in Bulacan is that some of the areas are prone to flooding. It’s crucial to research the flood history of the potential area you’re eyeing to move into before finalizing your decision.
Also, since Bulacan is situated a little bit up north, you have to ensure that your daily commute to work is manageable and suits your lifestyle.
Minami Residences: The Perfect Location for OFWs to Buy a House and Lot
When choosing the ideal location to buy a property in the Philippines as an OFW, it’s crucial to consider various factors, including economic opportunities, quality of life, accessibility, and property choices. Thorough research and a clear understanding of your specific needs are key to making a wise investment that will benefit you and your family for years to come.
With that said, consider moving in with Minami Residences’ house and lot in General Trias, Cavite! Our premium quadruplex houses can be the perfect home for you and your family. Our neighborhood is along Arnaldo Highway and is easily accessible through the Cavite – Laguna Expressway (CALAX) or the Manila – Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX). Enjoy a vibrant and nature-inspired community where you can enjoy suburban living.
Our team of real estate professionals can guide you through the whole home-buying process so you won’t have to worry about your purchase while working out of the country. Our services ensure that you will not only get high-quality houses, but also a community that can guide you through this journey.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our properties!